The Garden City Public Library has been serving the residents of Garden City (Michigan) as a resource of traditional and evolving library services for over 90 years.
Welcome! This website has recently been redesigned. We hope you will find it easier to navigate, and that it will help you learn about the many services we provide. As always, we appreciate your feedback on our website and services. Use the comment form below, or stop in and tell us in person.
|News, Events, & Programs
Big Library Read
- Big Library Read! October 13 – 28: Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes Once again, the Garden City Public Library is participating in the BIG LIBRARY READ. Offered several times throughout the year, Big Library Read provides participating OverDrive library and school partners free simultaneous access to a selected title that any reader with a … Continue reading
Western Wayne Community Reads
- The Western Wayne Community Reads is a joint effort of libraries serving Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Garden City, Livonia, and Romulus to promote reading. The Community Reads program was initiated to bring neighboring communities together through the reading and discussion of a common book and to share a love of reading for pleasure. This year, the … Continue reading
- Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Garden City Library Building Fund every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a … Continue reading
New Library Card Design
- New Library Cards! The Garden City Public Library is pleased to introduce our new Library card! This new Library card design is unique to the Garden City Public Library. It features the Library’s “child reading beneath a tree” logo, and has the Library’s address, phone number, and web address printed on the front side. The … Continue reading
- Zinio Classes If you’d like to learn how to use Zinio to access e-magazines, then come to our Zinio Classes. Zinio Classes are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Our first class will be on June 10. Classes begin at 5:30pm and go to 6:30pm. All are held at the Garden City Public Library. … Continue reading